blog

resources

read alouds

Parent - Teacher Conference Prep!

Is it about that time for you? Time to get ready for those parent-teacher conferences? Luckily, I had mine about two weeks ago. I have the same system I follow each year to prep for conferences and it honestly makes life super easy and stress free!


When I prep for conferences, I pull out a file folder where I keep student work for the year. I keep things like math tests, sight word data, writing examples and reading assessments.

When I am doing a conference I simply pull that stuff out to show progress and help parents understand where we need to go next in order to help their child grow.

I also like to have a conference outline. I have 15 minutes per conference, so I need to stay on track! I also let parents take this outline home as reminders of things we are working on at school and ways they can help at home.

When I fill out the conference outline, I use my little prompters to help jog my brain. Let's face it, preparing for these things can make the brain go a little foggy!


When it is time for the actual conferences. I put a sticky note on the outside of the student's folder with their name and the time of their conference.



I lay them out in order, so when parents come in, I can just grab their folder and we can get started right away!

There you have it! Super simple, but effective!
Feel free to grab more conference stuff from me by clicking the product image below!
 It's full of FREE conference goodies!!





Inlinkz coding:

3 comments