This Friday I am linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for the ...
I have been overly exhausted all week this week!
1) Each Day after school this week I took a 3 hour nap! I don't know why but this week has been so hard for me. I have been so exhausted and on edge. Each day I came home this week I zonked right out! The really bad part about all of this then is that I was not able to then fall asleep when I needed to. It was a bad situation for me! Lets hope next week is better!
2) Monday I have my last big observation from my resident educator. I am trying to think of something very hands on! The lesson on Monday for math is place value! I found something cute on Amy Lemon's blog but I am not sure if it will be good for an observation.
Any ideas on how to teach place value to the 100's place?!!
3) This week my students learned about St. Patrick's Day. We read a little non-fiction book and read over a scholastic news about Ireland. Students then practiced their information gathering skills to complete this booklet! They did amazing!! They're getting so good at completing research!
4) Students also worked on their pots of gold this week and here they are! They attached a pot of gold at the end of their rainbow. On their pot of gold they wrote "If I had a pot of gold I would..." It was so cute! Next year I want to do more of a crafty activity! I just haven't had the time to get that type of stuff ready for the kiddos! So much I want to do and soooo little time!!
5) I finally finished my sun unit!!!! I planned to get to my sun unit this week but we had an overload in field trips and assemblies so it did not quite work out. I am going to begin it this week. Students will be learning facts about the sun and completing a craft!! It will be so adorable!.. Anyway... the whole point of this post was to tell you that I finished the sun unit and it is up on my Tpt store!! If you would love to have a copy of this for free (yes free) then comment, follow me and tell me how you would use this unit in your classroom. The unit will be given to one lucky person! Don't forget to leave your e-mail in case you are the lucky winner!
Have a great weekend! Relaxation time for me tonight!! I've got a busy, busy weekend!