Let me tell you... I have had quite the week!
I am in love with this Linky from Doodle Bugs Teaching for one and I am so excited about my new blog look! This is so me! Simple and pink!
1. On Monday the kids finally finished their presidents day poster! The previous week we had delays and snow days so we were a little behind with presidents day stuff! Here is a few pictures of their posters! They turned out so cute and they did a great job!
2. This week was obviously Dr. Seuss week so we read a variety of Dr. Seuss books, played games, completed a few writings and made some crafts! My kids also earned a party today! We have a sticker chart that they work to fill to earn a class party. They earn stickers by lining up quietly in line, walking quietly in the hallway and coming into the classroom quietly and ready to go. We finally earned our last sticker yesterday! So, today we ate ice cream and watched a Dr. Seuss movie!
A Lorax craft then went along with one of the kids writing. I forgot to take a picture of the kids actual writing. Whoops!
Dr. Seuss hats that they decorated. New bulletin board border. :)
3. In health this week we learned about being a good friend! My students are so sweet and I have such a tight knit group of kids. This was an easy and fun lesson to do with them. We made buddy books and here are some of the adorable photos!
I have a trio of cheerleaders in my room... and here they are. ;)
I took more pictures of the buddy books but they didn't turn out very well. This will be the only one I share.
4. This week I have been working non-stop of getting my unit ready on the sun and its energy! It is almost done! I am beginning it on Wednesday with the kids! We are going to learn facts about it, gather information and complete a craft! Then the experiments will come the previous week!
5. Okay.. so here is the biggy... saving the best (not really) for last. On Wednesday I was involved in a car accident. :( Here in Ohio we had terrible weather and where I live it rained pure ice the Tuesday night. Well we did not have school Monday... or at least the kids did not. Teachers had training on the common core and some other important stuff. Well, I wake up and I am bummed for one because the roads are terrible and we have to go in. So, I get ready to go.. head out the door and I am on my way. I pull out onto the road and no more than a quarter of a mile from my home I get in a wreck. I was driving like 15 mph (since it was so icy) and a huge SUV comes sliding around the curve (going too fast) I am freaking out as I see this car coming at me while I am sitting in my NEW CAR that I just got a month and a half ago... and BAM.. he gets me in my drivers side door. So sad :( The glass shattered and I ended up in the ditch. We both were okay. My only boo boo was a teeny tiny scratch on my pinky that you could not even see an hour later. I am so lucky. The guy who wrecked into me was also very nice. I lucked out with this car wreck. My mom came up and helped me get a rental car and get all set! Here are pictures of my poor car. I should be getting it back in 2 weeks... until this I am driving a brand new Honda Civic Hybrid... I told the car rental place I would just switch them but I don't think they will let me. ;)