I am joining the Doodle Bugs Teaching Linky today!
I have had quite the week and here we go... my 5 random things from my week include:
1. We worked on symmetry this week and I snatched a great idea from Cara Carroll's blog!
I had an eventful week and I will let you know on #2... why I don't have a picture of the final snowman.
2. On Thursday... let's just say every piece of technology in my room was cursed... and I had an observation.
I come in the morning. I e-mailed myself pictures of my students faces to print off at school to complete my symmetry lesson (which I was getting observed over). Well 18/21 pictures came through. I was missing three. I brought my camera just in case something like that happened. So, I go to the office get the plug in for the SD card. I plug it into my computer and guess what? It doesn't work. I walk down to a colleagues classroom who just did the same activity the day prior. She used the same plug in... it didn't work on her computer either. So, at this point I am having a mini-freak out. She said she would work on it because at the point the kids were there. She has a student teacher... so that's why she could spend time on it. (thank goodness) So, she is working, working... for an hour. NOTHING... so we go to the assistant principle. He gives us a different plug in and tries it on his computer. The pictures came up! YAY! But... guess what... all of the pictures on my SD card came up except of the ones of the KIDS! SERIOUSLY?!! I could not believe it. So, I take his plug in and go down to my lunch to work on it... it works. I give my computer to my colleague. She begins printing... she gets 3 pictures printed and my camera shuts off. My camera BROKE! No joke! So..... we got another teachers camera...*note* at this point in time I have one hour until my observation. My colleague re-takes pictures of each of my students while I am teaching a lesson. She prints them all off and gets it all ready for me. She literally saved my day! I could not believe this! Note to self... and lesson learned: MAKE SURE it is ready the day before!! Never again will I do that!
Here is what else broke in my room that day: Smart board pen and my electric pencil sharpener... and ipad internet. It was quite the day. I went in this morning and everything was working! (except my camera of course) so sad...
Just so you know about my observation... it went really well! Actually amazing!
3. We worked on Ai and AY this week: I made an adorable detective packet which my kids just loved. Sorry, no pictures as of right now :(
4. I began getting ready for Dr. Seuss this week and I found an awesome resource if you have an I-pad!
5. This week I incorporated a new word work activity for when students are done with their first stations. It is a spelling chain. When students finish their first station they grab a paper with strips on it and they can write any word that they see in the room. When they are finished writing their words the create a chain like you see below! This little one over achieved a little :)
6. I have to add a 6th thing to share. We finished up our presidents day unit. I made non-fiction books and a president day packet for my students. (not yet Tpt ready) It will be next year!
I had my little ones dress up as George Washing and/or an interviewer. Students interviewed "George Washington" to gather information. Then students wrote facts they learned about him. They will be putting their finishing touches on their Presidents Day poster on Monday (I am very behind...school was canceled this week).
Here there are 2 kids interviewing George... Look closely and you can see their microphones. :)
Here are two kiddos practicing their parts before the big interview!
(notice the interview tie...so cute!)
I cannot wait until I have this Presidents Day pack Tpt ready so I can share it with you!