Yay! It is Friday! Only a few more weeks left of school and I will have officially made it through my first year teaching! It is unbelievable! It flew right on by!
I am linking up today with Doodle Bugs Teaching for the Fab 5 for Friday!
I have a whole lot to share!
1. I will begin with something personal! This past weekend my boyfriend, his mom and step dad and I all went to the Red's baseball game! It was so fun and I got to see my favorite person, Joey Votto!!
2. Today, I was approached at becoming the middle school cheerleading coach at my school! I of course said yes! One of my mini-dreams was always to be a teaching and a cheerleading coach! Yayy! I am so excited! I know it'll be a ton of work but I am going to enjoy it so much! I loved cheering and gymnastics when I was younger so this is perfect for me!
Here is a throwback from the cheering days!
3. This week I had my BG (college student) helper teach a mini-lesson that she created for one of her classes. She taught students the life cycle of a sun flower! She did such a great job and I have to show off her board that she made for the lesson! I want to make this!!
This week we also did a bit of living & non-living (where it could be fit in) I took 2 pictures of student work! We worked on the vocabulary this week that we use to identify something that is living and non-living.
4. This week in first grade at my school it was all about the Iowa's. This is a standardized test for first grade. Can I just talk about how BORED I was this week?! Ugh... it was so hard to hide this from my kids. I tried to make this test as fun as it could me but it was just so darn boring. There were 9 sections and it took all week.
Here is a funny story though... The second day testing I had one of my little guys completely fall out of his chair twice! It scared me half to death so I went over and asked if he was okay and stood near him the rest of the test so I could catch him if he fell. Well, yesterday I was reading through another teachers blog who mentioned that this same thing happened in her classroom... and how it was a behavior thing!! Never would I have thought this would be a behavior issue! But, there you have it... the kid was fine; just didn't want to do the test!
5. Now.. since this week was so boring I had to make sure next week was going to be fun! We are going to the zoo in two weeks and my students will be researching an animal of their choice independently. So, I need to teach them to do this. I was browsing around and on theinspiredapple (Abby) I saw her non-fiction writing unit on whales! I fell and love and well I am doing it! I am so excited about this! I am combining some of what she did because this topic has already been introduced to my kiddos!
Here is what the set up looks like!
I bought Dee Dee's May poems too because she has this awesome ocean poem that just goes perfectly with the whale theme! I couldn't resist!
Now.. onto the important stuff! :)
I am TWO followers away from 100!!!!!!!!
Am I begging? lol...sorta!
I want to have a BIG giveaway! I have had some great people reach out to help me out so far and if you want to be oh so kind then I would love it if you would participate in my 100 follower giveaway!
If you want to help with my giveaway then please leave a comment below with your e-mail or send me an e-mail letting me know that you would like to donate an item for the giveaway!
My e-mail for the giveaway is firstname.lastname@example.org
Happy following!!! Stay tuned!