blog

resources

read alouds

April Currently & a peek at my schedule!

Raise your hand if you are so happy that April has arrived! I hope April is good to us here in Ohio! --- By that I mean... No More Snow!! Today was nice and warm but very windy-- but, guess what?! I'm  not complaining!! It was gorgeous today! Anyway, here is my April currently!


Listening: American's Funniest Home Videos -- Nuff said! :)

I don't always watch America's Funniest Home Videos... but when I do the winners are never the videos I laughed at.
This is how I felt at the end of the show!! -HA

Loving: I get a three day spring break! We had to make up two days this week for our bazillion snow days we had in January! We got station in and then we watched a movie with pop-corn that a parent brought in for us this afternoon! :) - These are always the best days! One little guy was so upset though. He said, "This means first grade is almost over--NO!!!!" -- Oh, I love how first graders LOVE school! :)

Thinking: I need to go shopping! I need a new dress-up outfit and a dress for my bridal shower!
I want something like this for my bridal shower... I may be making a trip to the mall tomorrow!

Tiffany Blue Lace Dress

Wanting: To feel better! I came down with a cold yesterday! It will just not do because I have something very important coming up & a cold just isn't something that needs to be happening right now!!

Needing: To do my lesson plans for next week --- It's all about DINOSAURS!! EEEEEK! I also need to finish a money unit that I've been working on for a while & I need to finish spring literacy stations so I have stations for Monday!--This girl will have one busy spring break!

Hours & Last Day: My school hours are 8:50-3:35 and we get out on May 30th!! I figured--since we're on the topic---let's go through my whole day! :) Here's a peek in my room on any given day!


Please excuse my picture. I don't have any of morning work. :)


Here we learned about symmetry together and we drew the other half of the flower. Afterwords students worked on showing their knowledge with a symmetry activity.



Last week we worked on telling stories.



This is from my Dino-Basketball Unit. We were focusing on how to describe everything included in a setting.


Students work with me on phonics or comprehension skills. Other students work on literacy stations. The one above is from my Basketball Literacy Packet.




Here we were focusing on living and non-living! A unit that we will be finishing after spring break!

I hope you enjoyed looking at my day and reading my currently! I hope to see you back!

Link up with Oh' Boy 4th Grade



5 comments

  1. Hi Jess! I wish I got three days off! I can't be too jealous though I just got back from Spring Break! I also teach first grade! Thanks for sharing your schedule!
    - Rachel
    www.soiwasthinkingrla.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck finding a dress for your bridal shower....the one you showed is beautiful. Thanks for sharing your schedule. I really like to see how everyone else plans their day.
    The Traveling Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jessica,

    That dress is super cute!! I'm sure you'll find something adorable. I follow you on IG and you have great style!

    :) Jayme
    Trendy in Third

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that dress!! Hope you can find one similar!!! Your posts have been looking especially cute lately...
    Melissa
    Keep Calm and Love First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in love with that dress! Good choice :)

    This is why I LOVE Farley's Currently! I love finding new people to follow - so here I am! Your newest follower :)

    Rae
    Mindful Rambles

    ReplyDelete