blog

resources

read alouds

Math Workshop this year!

Hey all! So, a few days ago I shared how Reading Workshop runs in my classroom and today I'm going to share how I've been math workshop-ping it up in this year with the kids! If you are a K-2 teacher and you are curious about math workshop then you're in luck! I did a post last year for my first grade classroom on math workshop and you can find it here.

My math workshop from 1st to 3rd, honestly, isn't that drastically different. You all know how much I love hands on stuff and well... I am going to keep the hands on stuff present in my third grade classroom... the kids LOVE IT!! I always say they love stuff... ha ha - maybe I should take a survey?! Anywho... Here is how it runs this yea: (so far) ;)

Here is my daily schedule too for this year in case you were wondering about my day.



This lesson was on number patterns and you can grab it here.





 You can find these football math stations here.


If you haven't heard of adapted mind, then... um... you might want to take a look.
It's awesome! It has videos that teach kids concepts at their levels. So, if they need review...ba boom- there it is. If they're ready to move on.. KaPOW... it does it for you! AND!!!!... You can to see their progress... AND they're super motivated because they earn cool badges!!


Another cool online math program is called Ten Marks... this is totally free AND directly correlates to the Common Core! So, you are doing standard 3.OA.9?... Guess what... there are practice questions for the students to do. I assign this as homework! It's awesome, easy AND again, you can see their progress! I'll be posted more about these two soon: but, until then... I would check this out ASAP if I were you!

No comments