blog

resources

read alouds

Free Audio, Non-Fiction Rabbit Text!

Did you read the title of this post? Does life really get any better than that? I made a little non-fiction booklet a few years ago for my kids to read and learn all about those cute little rabbits! This year, I am going to be incorporating my book into my listen to reading center. I wanted to share what I made with you today and show you how I will be using it this week in my room!



Before I give each student their own "All About Rabbits" book, I will introduce a schema poster and gather student schema about Rabbits. It is always SO MUCH FUN to see what the kids already know.



During student's Listen to Reading station this week, they'll be using their book and following along to an audio recording of this book. 



All the kids will need to do is grab their iPad, scan the code, get their book and listen.


When students finish listening to their book, then I want to them to record their learning. My main focus when kids are listening to reading is that they listen to fluent reading, learn new words and comprehend what they've just been read!

Since we've been focusing a lot on non-fiction in my classroom, then I'll be using a printable from my Text Features Pack that allows students to focus on what the text taught them.

The students will fill out their Schema part of the printable as we do the whole group lesson together. If you have a more independent class then they could do this independently before they hit play!


If you're wanting to use the free book and audio, then click below!






No comments