blog

resources

read alouds

A Christmas 5 for Friday!!

I feel like a little giddy kid right now! There is extra time to take part in this week's Five for Friday linky! 
*Jump up and click heals*

I am linking up with Doodle Bugs! 

Here we go! 


My week/end/ started off with a fun Christmas party in Columbus at Hyde Park with my Fiance! He just accepted a new position with a company about three weeks ago so it was very nice to get to meet all of his new co-workers! Needless to say... we had lots of fun!


 

This week in the classroom we made our parent gifts. The students decorated ornaments, wrote cards and made a reindeer gift baggie!

Here is a collage of their ornaments in action!
They placed their ornaments in these cute reindeer gift bags that they made. These are super easy to assemble! A++!!

Student gifts were passed out at the end of the day today after we had our fabulous Winter Party--which is to come in #4! I used up my scholastic points and 'purchased,' "Mice on Ice" for the students! Wrapped it in some prettiness and slid a pencil and candy cane inside! Perfect, pretty and simple! They loved it. I also wrote each student a little card that I gave to them when they received their gift. :) They actually loved the card the most which warmed my little heart. :)

 


This week we read all types of Christmas and Santa stories. My favorite activity we did was a letter to Santa. The students wrote the most heartfelt letters to Mr. Santa! While they were writing I knew I had to display these in my room. I quickly grabbed some red construction paper, cotton balls and white strips of paper... & tadaaa... Santa hats!


 

Today, we had our Winter Party before the kids went home! The kids decorated cookies, made reindeer food, played twister, pin the ornament on the Christmas tree, and played Bingo! Busy, busy party-- But, Oh so fun!!
That's all for now! Have a fantastic Christmas break and a Happy New Year!




No comments