blog

resources

read alouds

Fitting it all in - My Daily Schedule!

I wanted to pop on by today to give you a peek at our schedule each day. It's always so tough to configure these things and I love gathering ideas from other bloggers to help make the most of my time with the kids! Some of my favorite bloggers that I gathered ideas from for my day were Fabulous in First and First Grade Critter Cafe. I don't have any pictures yet of the schedule in place since we just finished up week 2. Once we get there, I'll be sure to update you! :)





Spelling Bee: Give students a whiteboard and dry erase marker. Give them a practice spelling test! 

Spell Orally: You spell a word orally and have students tell you what word you spelled. Tell students a word to spell orally and listen as they spell.

Clap/Snap Spelling: Clap low for letters that hang below the line when you write, clap in the middle of your chest for letters that are small, clap above your head for letters that are tall. Snap on the vowels!

Sight Word Game ideas from Fabulous in First!

Eraser memory game: Write new sight words on the board. Show students. Erase one. Have students write the one you erased on their whiteboard.

Hot Potato: Pass around a bag with paper potatoes. Students pull out a potato. If they can read the word, they keep it. If they can't, they put it back in the bag. If students pull out a hot potato, they lose that turn.
I included all sight words that we will learn in the first quarter. Perfect review!

I have/Who has: I just made some quick I have who has cards with our sight words on them. I am just changing the cards by the quarter. Download them here. Feel free to change the words!

Mind Reader: Give students clues to the sight word you are thinking of. Have them write their guesses on their whiteboard.
 Example: 'good' - I am thinking of a word that starts with a g. It means the opposite of bad.




This week we did, Pete the Cat!
Here are a few more:
Coming Soon: The Runaway Pumpkin!

I also love the units from Fabulous in First!



Our stations include: Listen to Reading, Word Work, Read to a Partner, Skill Work!
Skill work is where students complete activities that require a recording form.
They have 2 must turn in activities a week. Then, they can play word games!


There you go! I hope this is a helpful little post! :-) Have a fabulous weekend!!
I'll be back with some visual plans for our week 3!! :-)


No comments