Can I just say first, TGIF!!!!! Here is a peek at my week for you!! I am hooking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for the 5 for Friday!!
1. Lets just say my week was a complete mess! We had a snow day Monday which was great.. on Monday but it messed up the entire rest of my week! I had to put a halt on all of my lessons and create all new things for this week! I had to fit in an observation on Tuesday which completely screwed up my entire layout for my whole week! It was such a mess... but thanks to fabulous freebies and great kids I got through it! Barely!
2. Since we had a crayyy crayy week the kids did some ever so cute crafts! I swear, doing crafts is more work than actually teaching a lesson, lesson...whew I was worn out and so were they!
Here are some lovely pictures of their hard work!!
I just love these little chicks!
We made our bunnies and they wrote about their favorite part of spring season. Our starter sentence was, "I hope you have a HOPPY spring season!"
3. Taking a break from teacher talk... So...I am sore... I have had insanity (the workout) for about three years! I have yet to make it through the full 60 days! I somehow mustered up the energy to workout on Wednesday night! I had to take a scary picture of myself because boy... I wasn't looking forward to it but I am sure glad I did it! I am going to try to do it at LEAST 3 days a week! We will see how successful I am with this!
Here is my before & After! Scared..... toooo Feelin' good!! Yayy!!
4. Now back to school stuff! We had grandparents day today! I have declared this day the worst day of my first year teaching career. I will go into this on # 5. Before the sadness and frustration I want to share the cute stuff!! Kids created gifts for grandparents and we made this adorable sign!
Inside the book students wrote a letter to their grandparents telling them why they loved them. It was adorable!
Here is our welcome sign that we created together!
5. For this one I just want to say that I do not like grandparents day... I think it may be because not all the kids in my room had a grandparent that came and I just feel that it is so mean to have some kids in the room doing an activity with their grandparent and then other kids to play a game with a friend in the classroom. The kids without grandparents were upset and it was just so sad! Also... I had a rude grandparent in the room and literally when the kids left for special I broke down into tears. He was asking me questions about the activity I had them doing with their grandchildren and asking what it was teaching the kids?? Like?...WHAT? It is activity for you and your grandchild to enjoy doing together...I was not planning on having a full blown lesson during this time?... I was so mad. There is more to the story but I do not want to go into details... I just hope I never have to encounter anything like this ever again! Whew...first year teacher struggles... I will have to figure out how to make this better for next time...
Well... I am not off to enjoy my spring break! Before I go I want to share my "Flutter into Math Centers" packet with you! Click on the picture to check it out!
There are 13 centers in here!!!!
Double digit addition, number grid puzzles, shapes/attributes, 10 more & 10 less, addition & subtraction game, more, less and equal to, place value, missing addends, graphing!
Take a look at the pack.. if it is something you want then leave a comment telling me how you will use this, follow my blog & Tpt store for a chance to win this for free!! Don't forget to leave your e-mail! I will send it out Sunday night to the lucky person!